Role as a Principal Invenstigator (PI) and Co-PI:
Extramural funds: Federally funded: National Institutes of Health (NIH):
- “Neuromodulators and circadian clocks: roles in retinal function and dysfunction”.
- “Methoxyindoles in retina: Function and regulation--Neuromodulators and signaling cascades in retina”.
Intramural funds Research to Prevent Blindness (RPB):
- “MicroRNA-mediated regulation of the antioxidant defense system in human RPE cells”. Fund ended in 2010.
- “Effect of the natural antioxidant ‘curcumin’ on the expression profile of microRNAs in human ARPE-19 cells”. Fund ended in 2011.
- “Protection against hyperglycemia-mediated oxidative Stress by curcumin-induced miRNAs in human retinal endothelial cells (hRECs) and ARPE-19 cells”. Fund ended in 2012.
- “Interaction between the (Pro)renin receptor and NADPH oxidase in hyperglycemia-induced activation of VEGF and VEGFR in hRECs and ARPE-19 cells”. Fund ended in 2013.
- “Involvement of ERK1/2 signaling in Nox4-mediated induction of VEGF in ARPE-19 cells under diabetic conditions”. Fund ended in 2015.
- “Role of small GTPase in microRNA-21/SPRY1-mediated signaling in angiogenesis”. (Current grant)