Department of Sociology
- PhD in Sociology from Institute of Bangladesh Studies(IBS), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- M. A. in Sociology from University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- BA (Hons) in Sociology from University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi
- Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi
- Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi
- Lecturer, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi
- Present Condition of Agriculture and Livelihood of the People Living in Drought-prone Northern Bangladesh, A Collaborative Research Between Team 1, OECR, 3'd Round HEQEP Project, CP3 563/RU [1V-2/OECR/92/20L2, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi and Barendra Unnayan Prochesta, Rajshahi, 01 January 2016 to 30 June 2017.
- Impact of Modern Irrigation on Environment and Society: A Study of a Selected Area in Bangladesh (a completed research work for PhD program) from 1991 to 1997.
- Worked as a Team Member in the Overseas Development Administration's (ODA) Natural Resources Systems Program on Land/Water Interface Production System from December 1, 1995 to May 31, 1996.
- Worked as a Research Associate in a project entitled Process of Land Transfer in a Village of Bangladesh of Professor Abdul Quadir Bhuiyan, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi, Project Director, from February 1990 to January 1991.
- Worked as an Investigator in a project entitled Pregnancy Outcomes and Neonatal Mortality in Four Upazilas of Bangladesh under Professor Fazlur Rashid Khan, Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi, Principal Investigator, from January 1985 to June 1986.
- Worked as a Research Associate in ESCAP funded project Relationship between Fertility Behaviour and Size, Structure and Functions of the Family from March 1982 to September 1983.
- Conducted a research on Mass Media and Family Planning: 'A Comparative Study of Urban and Rural Listeners' Opinion about Family Planning Program of Bangladesh Betar, Rajshahi, from February 1982 to June 1982.
- Worked as a Field Investigator in Rural Industries Study Project (RISP) under Professor Kazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmed, Project Director of Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), Dhaka, from August 23, L979 to February 29, 1980.
- "BIMSTEC for Countering Terrorism and Transnational Crime: An Insight from Bangladesh Perspectives, " (Co-author), International Affair s and GIob al Strategy, VoI.39.ISSN 22?4-574X (Paper) ISSN 2224-8951 (Online), 2015.
- "Increasing Tree Cover in Degrading Landscapes: 'Integration' and 'Intensification' of Smallholder Forest Culture in the Alutilla Valley, Matiranga, Bangladesh. " (Co-author), SmaII- scale Forestry, Springer, 2015.
- "Social Stratification: Pattern of Social Stratification in Bangladesh and Caste System in India" (samajik Storbinyas: Bangladesher Samajik Storbinyaser Dhoron O Bharoter Bornoprotha)(Co-author), Edited by Dr. Md. Moksudur Rahman, Political Sociology, Dhaka: Abasar Prokashani Sangstha, 3'd Edition, 2012.
- "Causes and Consequences of Shifting Cultivation and Its Alternative in the Hill Tracts of Eastern Bangladesh." (Co-author), Small-scale Forestry, Springer, 2011. 13. "Managing Forest at a Landscape Scale: Reconciling Smallholder Forest Culture in the Uplands of Eastern Bangladesh."(Co-author), Lambert Academic Publishing, 2011.
- "Analysis of the Economic Benefits from Systematic Improvements to Shifting Cultivation and its Evolution towards Stable Continuous Agro Forestry in the Uplands of Eastern Bangladesh." (Co-author), International Forestry Review, Vol. 9(1), 2007.
- "Participation of Women in Bangladesh Agriculture under Modern Irrigation: A Case of Basuntipur," Published in a Project Report of Higher Education Link Programme, (eds.) Kazi Tobarak Hossain, Shah Ehsan Habib and Muhammad Hasan Imam, Rajshahi: Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi,2004.
- "Krishite Adhunik Upakaran Baboharer Paribeshgata Shamashya." (Environmental Problem of the Use of Modern Inputs in Agriculture), in Bangladesher Gram (Villages of Bangladesh), (eds.) Kazi Tobarak Hossain and Muhammad Hasan Imam, Dhaka: Social Science Development Center, 1999.
- "Krishite Adhunik Secher Prochalan O Er Protibandhakata: Uttar-Banger Basuntipur Gramer Upar Ekti Shamikkha." (Introduction to Modern Irrigation in Agriculture and its Constraints: A Study of Village Basuntipur in the North- Bengal). Samajik Biggan Journal of the Faculty of Social Science, University of Rajshahi, 1999.
- Project Report on "Preliminary Investigation of Floodplain Production System in Bangladesh." (Co-author), Sponsored by the Natural Resource Systems Programme, UK: Overseas Development Administration (ODA), 1996.
- "Totembad: Adim Samajer Ekti Biswas." (Totemism: A Belief of Primitive Society), The Journal of the Institute of Bangladesh Studies (IBS), Vol: 1401(2), 1995.
- "Impact of Modern Irrigation on Environment and Society: A Study of a Selected Area in Bangladesh, a Preliminary Report." Paper Presented in the Biannual Conference of the Bangladesh Sociological Association, held on January 29-30, 1993 and published in the proceedings of the conference.
- ESCAP's Study on "Relationship between Fertility Behaviour and Size, Structure and Functions of the Family." (Co-author), (mimeo), Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, 1985.
- "Mass Media and Family Planning: A Comparative Study of Urban and Rural Listeners' Opinion about Family Planning Program of Bangladesh Betar Rajshahi." (mimeo)Department of Sociology, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi.
Awards and Honors
Membership and Professional Activities
Conferences/ Seminars Attended