The Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) Programme in Journalism, Communication and Media Studies (JCMS) has been designed for the students imparting comprehensive learning of the principles, dynamics and techniques of media, communication and Journalism. Rigorous theoretical and hands-on practice in the fields of human communication, media and journalism will function as the base of course operation. The students undergoing the aforesaid academic curriculum will be equipped with theories, practical know-hows and essential skills to be required for developing themselves as appropriate professionals in any branch of communication, media and journalism. The program opts to impart the learners most modern and inclusive education in the aforesaid fields with a view to preparing themselves as competent professionals to meet the demand of extending national and international electronic and print media market as well as in the fields of development and corporate communication.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the JCMS program are to:
- Strengthen students‟ theoretical and practical knowledge of Communication, Journalism and Media to enable them to act in real life with maturity and skills
- Impart scientific knowledge for identification, selection and preparation of news, communication and other media items.
- Produce skilled professionals to manage the affairs of newspaper and media organizations.
- Manage the communication affairs of different national and international development organizations and corporate houses.
- Encourage research in the fields of media, journalism and communication and development.
Students seeking admission to pursus the course for the Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) Degree of Journalism, Communication and Media Studies (JCMS) should have passed the
SSC and HSC (or „O‟ level and „A‟ level) or equivalent examination (S) with at least CGPA 2.50.
Duration of the Program
The duration of Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Journalism, Communication and Media Studies (JCMS) Program is four academic years.
Total Credit Hours
The Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Journalism, Communication and Media Studies (JCMS) program consists of 124 credit hours for successful completion of the graduation.
The Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in Journalism, Communication and Media Studies (JCMS) will consists of 41 (Forty One) Courses